Monday, May 31, 2010

Creativity Conundrum

Lately I've been feeling a little out of sorts. I am unemployed right now, so that is leaving me precious little things with which to occupy my time. At the same time, however, I suddenly have the time to do things I didn't have time for when I was working. So how is it I have nothing to do?

I guess I really should say there is nothing I feel like doing. Two months ago, I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to devote myself to the book I've been wanting to write since I was 10, but I've succeeded only in changing my mind a hundred times on what story I actually want to write! The problem? I think of a story plot at crazy times, when I'm in the car, a restaurant, the shower, etc. And by the time I am somewhere I can write it down... it's "sizzle" is gone. It just doesn't hold my interest anymore. Maybe I'm just indecisive and not ready to "commit" to a story yet. Or maybe I am the worlds largest closet procrastinator? Yeah, that's probably it.

So maybe I need to get off this blog and do something about writing my future first best seller... Or else maybe I just get off this blog and write SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment